Thursday, December 15, 2011

Experiences in visiting school...


I had visited Hin Hua High School at 16th November 2011. This is the first time I went to another Chinese Independent School. Through my experiences in my secondary school, I felt that Hin Hua High School is much better than my secondary school. Actually, the syllabus of Chinese Independent School is almost the same but why I thought Hin Hua High School is much better than my secondary school is because of the organization of their school.

In their school, there are a lot of facilities prepared for their students. Students have opportunity to use all of the facilities in school. Other than that, compound of this school is not big enough, space of this school also do not accommodate too many students. So, they build high building to solve this problem and students have the place to practice their activities such as dragon dance, lion dance and martial art. I actually get shocked when they told me there is no field in their school. Before I visited this school, I thought all of the school must have a field but this school do not have but they still can perform well in non-academic field.

Additionally, I found the different between Hin Hua High School and my secondary school was the English Language Centre (ELC). In my secondary school, we just have English society for us to join but in Hin Hua High School, everyone have the opportunity to learn English language and they also provide an environment for students to speak in English. Through this, students are able to communicate with others by using English after they graduated. Besides that, English teacher in this school also need to attend classes before they teach in ELC, they want the teacher become more professional in this field and help students to master in this field.

This school has e-learning and my secondary school also has. Yet, I felt that this school would always use the sources they have. In my secondary school we have this source we called it moodle. Moodle is same as e-learning. We also can submit our work through moodle. The only thing was my secondary school teacher was different from Hin Hua High School teacher because they did not upload new information in moodle but Hin Hua High School teacher will always update the information and also give extra information to the students and prepare some exercises for students before their exam. Actually this is the effective way for students to learn and they also can prepare and do well in their exams.

All of these were my experiences after visiting this Chinese Independent School and it let me realized that different schools have different organization and it will influence how the schools work in a better way. Besides that, although my secondary school has a lot of facilities and compound but we did not have opportunity to use all of the school’s facilities. On the other hand, Hin Hua High School doing much better than my secondary school as they giving students opportunity to use all of the facilities. Anyhow, I’m really enjoyed when visiting this school and it let me realized that although schools’ syllabus was similar but the knowledge that students gained were different.

-Jelly-

No comments:

Post a Comment