Monday, November 14, 2011

Debate 4!! Round 1*ding! ding!*

The issues of Implementing social cohesion in schools is supposed to fight against extremism but it ended up stigmatizing Asian and Muslim students. According to Preston,  white supremacy or interest of white people came before other like BME people. Schools are powerful tools used to shape up the future country leaders and citizens .

Personally, I have never faced this kind of problem as I do not stay where there are many Caucasian people but from an Asian country. However, I do realise that we look up to the Caucasians in many aspects from lifestyle to technology. I think this might make unaware of our own country's good points but focus on how we can be like the whites.

I do not believe that we should conform to the white people's way of doing things but do things especially regarding racism as my country is a multi-racial country. What I do believe in is that, we should all strive to promote harmony between races.

In real life application, I can safely say that I really have no intention of leaving my country for another  currently and i hope it will be so for the rest of my life.

-Ally-

3 comments:

  1. I do agree with what you have said. You mentioned that we should all strive to promote harmony between races. What do you think we can do to achieve harmony?
    -Eagle-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to contribute this in my own country and not start elsewhere. Country first before others. Why complain about your country and do another elsewhere right? Say no to hypocrisy. :)

    -potatoes-

    ReplyDelete
  3. But have you ever thought that we have this mentality of "western countries are so much better "?

    ReplyDelete