Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Learning through these......

This is a respond to question 2 & 3 of tutorial discussion.

If I know that my students are of the “video game generation”, I would try to motivate them through games. What I mention here is not only about the real video games that we used to play by using computer, games that I actually referring over here is kind like activities. I want them to be more interactive. Besides games, I would like to let them experience it themselves through physical activities. I noticed that some of the student they don't really understand what they doing and what the studying and even why they need to study. However, not every student find reading books is interested, they actually think that what they doing is actually dull. Therefore, I would asking them question or separate them into groups, let them discuss and answer it after my lecture.

Besides,they will actually learn many from group discussion because different people have different view and they came from different background. Then, they will learn how to build up leadership,teamwork and also how to communicate with others. According to the article “Gamers are always competing.Competition is the motivating factor.Competition does not eclipse collaboration.” thus I will put them into groups and let them to challenge with their friends and also to advance their teamwork spirit. I believe that that is the way I trying to teach them. I will say that after every lecture, conclusion is needed. They have to report after discussion, this will helps me to know how much and how in-depth they actually understand for every topic.

I believe that I'm using the Vygotsky's theory because I found that I try to teach them base on social interaction. I let them try to understand it by doing experiment and also discussion with their friends then only I explain or giving them opinion on it. I will also help them when they get confuse on something. This theory also engage in collaborative learning. I believe that by doing these method I trying to teach them, they will learn it and wouldn't feel bored during the class.


-Jelly-

No comments:

Post a Comment