Monday, October 31, 2011

N00b teacers L2p 2 becom3 3133ts

Viva la Tetris!
OK! Getting on with the serious stuff.
Answering question 2 and 3 of tutorial discussion....

         If i knew that my student come from the video game generation, then I would try to make my classes more interactive. I would like to use reciprocal teaching strategy as it would allow my students to take charge of the class with my guidance as a facilitator, this would hopefully motivate them to participate  in class as they will have a sense of responsibility and belonging. Together with that I would pair this with Pavlov's reward system used to condition and reinforce students to keep up the good work.
         However, I believe that I have to modify these theories a bit to fit better to my students. For example, I would reward the student with candy,praise or score points when they have answered a question correctly. To make it more challenging for the students, I would try to use a game-like scoring system to encourage and challenge my students. I could also place them in groups to encourage teamwork and to make things fair I would randomly call up students to answer questions, in the event that they could not answer it I would give them hints or clues.
          I would use Howard Gardners theory of multiple intelligence theory, as I believe that all students are smart although not in the same areas. Discovering what are their weakness and helping them develop it. using creative and interesting ways of teaching a subject but still keeping to the basics of giving them a concrete example of what they are learning. Also, relating the information learned with real life situations. Methods such as role plays and simulations are good but  i would also like to bring the students out of the classroom to really experience real life  situations. By doing this the students will be able to relate and understand the objectives of the lesson and plan the right way to approach their goals.


By the way, do you find computer jargon annoying? Because I most certainly do

-Ally-

2 comments:

  1. There are a few lines which I could not read due to the colour...Please change the colour. ^^
    - Eagle -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see that you have changed the colour. Thank you. I can read them clearly now.
    - Eagle -

    ReplyDelete