Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gardening helps children behave


     This is a respond to the article that I read from the website about “Gardening helps children behave”.Some of the children will waste the food and some of them will “play” the food. Where is the table manners? What did the parent teach them? Why they behave like that? A lot of question in my mind when I saw a child wasting or playing with the food. Today's children don't know how to cherish the thing that they have, they just take things as guaranteed. Some of them don't even know where the food comes from. Thus, they behave like that.

     The other reason why the children don't actually know how to cherish is because today's parent just give out what the children want. The children demand it and the parent supply it. It cause today's children don't have the concept of money. They don't know how hard and tough the parent earning money. I saw a lot of teen-agers spent their parent money to buy something that is not actually in use but they just want to show off what they have and they have the ability to buy it. Even they having their lunch after school, they will choose a restaurant or cafe to have their lunch but not a hawker centre or going back home and have it. To me, that is not a good way of spending money.

     After I saw the news about “Gardening helps children behave” only I realised that, my previous school didn't teach me about gardening, the teacher just taught the content of the textbook. And i'm agree with the first sentence in first paragraph that “Teaching children how to garden helps them to become responsible, realise where food comes from and calms their behaviour”. As my opinion, children who do gardening since young age will built up a higher possibility of good personality.
     
     I don't know in our country have this type of activity or not. If not, I wish one day there will have this type of activity for the children. This type of activity will let them know how to cherish what they have it and also not to waste food. Other than that, they will also become more patient. Besides having a good or best result through the exams, we also must have a good behaviour and we have to start it since young age.


~Jelly~




1 comment:

  1. To be very honest, I have never heard about schools implementing gardening and how it is beneficial to children.
    I think it really is a good practice, plus with our world needing more oxygen and green thumbs, children can be further educated about the environment and contribute in the future with regards to restoring mother nature.
    Of course, attitudes first before actions. KUDOS!

    -potatoes-

    ReplyDelete